D.Pharma. or Diploma in Pharmacy is an undergraduate Diploma Course in the medical field of Pharmacy. Pharmacy is a medical field involved in the preparation, dispensing and appropriate use of medication meant for therapeutic purposes. The course provides the minimumfiqualication to become a Registered Pharmacist in India. It is also offered as D.Pharm. in various medical institutes which is one and the same thing. Pharma.D./Pharm.D is another course which might sound similar but it is not; Pharma.D. is Post Graduate Course.
Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) is the regulatory body of Pharmacy education in India and as such only the institutes approved by the PCI under sub-section (1) of Section 12 of the Pharmacy Act, 1948 can offer it. There is no specialisation in D.Pharma. and the course only provides the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science.
- One can go for higher academic degree courses like – Master of Pharmacy where one can specialise in a preferred field.
- It also enables a candidate to go for higher studies abroad.
- It also enables one to study Ph.D. (Pharmacy) in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Marketing & Management.
How is D.Pharma. Beneficial?
Diploma in Pharmacy Employment Areas
- Health Centres
- Chemist Shops
- Drug Control Administration
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Home Tuition
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Research Agencies
- Food and Drug Administration
Diploma in Pharmacy Job Types
There are a variety of Pharmacy jobs available for candidates who have completed their M.Pharm. The scope of employment goes higher as one can go for jobs which are only research based.
- Technical Supervisor
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Quality Analyst
- Scientific Officer
- Production Executive